What’s required for admission to the Culinary Arts Program?
- Students must first be admitted to The W. Admission is granted based on grade point average and ACT or SAT score.
- Transfer students are accepted based on the rating of the college from which they transfer, type of program pursued, and work completed at the college level.
- Graduates of accredited junior/community colleges who transfer must earn at least 50 percent of semester hours required for a degree at a senior institution, 25 percent of which must be at The W, before becoming eligible for any degree—regardless of the number of hours accepted in transfer.
- Nontraditional students may be admitted as non-degree seeking students and may register for up to 12 hours a semester.
- See muw.edu/admissions for more information; or call Admissions toll free at 1-877-462-8439
What special tools will you need?
We get you ready for a professional kitchen!
- Students enrolled in food preparation course must supply their own knives, books, and uniforms. All may be purchased at the on-campus bookstore. Students should plan to have these items by the first week of class.
- Our required uniform includes a logo hat and jacket, pants (you choose your style) and shoes.
Are there Out-of-State Fees?
No! The W does not charge out-of-state fees. You'll pay the same low tuition as residents of Mississippi!