Applications are now being accepted for the 2019-20 Faculty Advising Fellows program. Faculty Advising Fellows will work together with the director for the Kossen Center for Teaching and Learning and a representative from the Student Success Center to do the following by the end of the spring 2020 semester:
- Attend/Participate in the NACADA Summer Institute (June or July 2019)
- Codify and recommend modifications to the current system of academic advising in place at Mississippi University for Women
- Create an advising handbook for the advising system
- Develop initial training for faculty advisors
- Define the role of Faculty Advising Fellows in proceeding years of the Title III grant
- Faculty rank of associate professor or above
- At least 4 years of experience advising students at MUW
- Available to attend the NACADA Summer Institute (June 23-28 or July 21-26)
- Approval of department chair and academic dean
Faculty Advising Fellows will receive a course release for the fall and spring semester (AY 2019-20). Additionally, travel expenses associated with the NACADA Summer Institute will be covered by MUW’s Title III project.
How to Apply:
Applications are due to your dean by Monday, February 4th. Download a copy of the application form here.
This activity is funded by The U.S. Department of Education under the Strengthening Institutions Program through Title III, Part A of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended.