COLUMBUS, Miss. – The departments of business and legal studies recognized students at its annual awards day celebration recently held on campus.
Outstanding student awards were presented to:
- Ashley Ainsworth of Ellisville, Century 21 Doris Hardy & Associates, LLC Outstanding Student in General Business
- Michael Crawford of Carrollton, Golden Triangle Human Resource Association Outstanding on Student Management
- Ashley Furman of Hendersonville, Tenn., T.E. Lott & Company, PA Outstanding Student Accounting
- Elissa Troise-Greco of Lewes, Del., T.E. Lott & Company, PA Outstanding Student in Professional Studies
- Ellen Gresham of Holly Springs, 4-County Electric Power Association Outstanding Student in Management Information Systems
- Timothy Mbogo of Irondale, Ala., 4-County Electric Power Association W Spirit Nominee
- Lucia Oyeleye of Columbus, Golden Triangle Legal Community Overall Outstanding Student in Legal Studies
- Shristina Shrestha of Kathmandu, Nepal, Quest Group, LLC Outstanding Student in Marketing
- Suvechhya Shrestha of Kathmandu, Nepal, 4-County Electric Power Association Overall Outstanding Student in Business
- Savannah Tubbs of Pascagoula, Haas Outdoors, Inc. / Mossy Oak Overall Outstanding Student in Global Commerce
All students who hold a 3.25 institutional and a 3.25 cumulative GPA were honored as class scholars. There were 84 scholars recognized from the business and legal studies department, as well as officers from the Bench and Gavel Club, Phi Beta Lambda, TVA Investment Challenge Club and members of the American Mock Trial Association team.
Ten students were inducted into Delta Mu Delta Honors Society. They were Jennifer Chism and Stephanie J. Hughes, both of Columbus; Cari Davis of Glen; Dalton W. Dogan of Greenville; Wanquin Gu of Nanchang, Jiangxi, China; Mallory McBrayer of West Point; Callie Rankin of Vicksburg; Courtney Schrock of Amory; Suvechhya Shresta of Kathmandu, Nepal; Ashley White of Smithville.
Founded in 1913 by the dean from Harvard University and four professors from Yale University and New York University, Delta Mu Delta is the International Honor Society for business programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Program at the baccalaureate, graduate and doctoral levels.
John Williams, instructor of accounting, was recognized as the business and legal studies Faculty Member of the Year.
Dr. Scott Tollison, dean of the College of Business and Professional Studies at The W, said, “I am incredibly proud of all of the students honored today. Special thanks go out to the faculty and staff for their continued efforts to provide high-quality instructional opportunities, friends and family of the honorees for their sacrifices along the way, our generous sponsors for making this such a wonderful event and the students for their good work inside and outside the classroom.
“If this past year is any indication, these students will deserve all of the many successes that await them.”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 29, 2014
Contact: Anika Mitchell Perkins