For non-communication major students interested in a focused study of mass media, journalism, or communication, the Department of Communication offers an 18-credit hour minor in Communication.
To earn a communication minor, students must complete and pass, with a grade of C or higher, at least eighteen hours of Communication courses.
- COM 102 - Introduction to Mass Communication
- COM 103 - Introduction To Media Technology
- COM 200 - Writing for the Media
- COM 325 - Visual Design
- COM 250 - Newsgathering -OR- COM 307 - Advanced Writing for the Media
- COM 310 - Digital Culture -OR- COM 320 - Mass Communication and Society
If you would like more information about the Communication Minor, please contact:
Dr. Barry Smith