Host Continuing Education Unit Workshops
Agencies wishing to sponsor a workshop or conference for CEU credit from The W must follow the guidelines listed below:
- Complete a CEU Request Form.
- Submit the Request form to the Office of Professional Learning at least two weeks before the workshop is offered, along with an agenda for the program that includes a breakdown of contact hours and the facilitator’s resume or vita. If the program is approved, the Office of Professional Learning will notify the agency making the request, within three days of the approval date, and will send the agency CEU applications for its program participants.
- Upon completion of the workshop or conference, submit an application from each participant who wants CEUs. Each participant’s application must be signed by the sponsor of the workshop or conference, confirming that the participant attended for the required number of hours. In addition, the sponsor must submit a typed list of all participants, along with participants’ $20.00 fees for processing CEUs. In order to have CEU credits awarded in a timely manner, the above should be submitted within two weeks of program completion. Participants who do not attend for the required number of hours (10 hours for every CEU) should not receive full credit for that conference or workshop.
- MUW will not award CEUs for workshops less than 5 hours in length.
Within two weeks from receipt of the above materials, the Office of Professional Learning will mail participants a certificate verifying that they have completed the workshop or conference.
In order for participants to receive a CEU Certificate
- CEU Application plus payment of $20.00 must be mailed to MUW, Office of Professional Learning, 1100 College Street, MUW-1635, Columbus, MS 39701.
- Application must be mailed within one year of event to receive CEU credit. If application is for a school district’s professional development program, then the deadline to receive credit is October 1st of the next school year.