Ready to get serious with your career options?
Polished. That’s perhaps the best word to describe students who complete a graduate program at MUW. They lead and perform work in their fields that is remarkable and results-oriented. Sound appealing? When you’re prepared by the best that’s what you become. Our professors are highly-trained experts who are still active in their fields.
On average, you’ll be way better than average
According to a statewide study, Mississippi graduates with a master’s degree made, on average, over $10,000 more than graduates with a bachelor’s degree in just the first year of their job. We don’t need to speculate over how many zeroes difference that could mean over a lifetime. A graduate degree is the new standard for leaders of the global economy. It’s what the best and the brightest strive for. And, at MUW, supportive faculty and peers are here to learn with and help you. Unlike an annual salary, it’s not easy to calculate the value of a support system like that.
Flexible options that make it work for you
If you recently completed your undergraduate degree and are looking to focus on your graduate degree, we’re ready for you. If you’re a working professional looking to advance in your career, we understand that you’re busy. The fact that you’re still interested in making an advanced degree a priority – that’s something we respect. Regardless of your situation, MUW has learning options that allow you to pave your own path to success.
Admission to Graduate Studies
General admission requirements for all graduate programs at The W
- A completed Graduate Application form.
- Official Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work from each institution attended, including MUW transcripts. Transcripts must verify that the applicant received a baccalaureate degree from an regionally accredited four-year institution and that the applicant has a minimum 3.0 overall GPA on a four-point scale for undergraduate studies.
Transcripts may be sent Electronically to Mississippi University for Women Graduate Studies
Physical Transcripts should be sent to:
Mississippi University for Women Graduate Studies
1100 College Street, MUW-1603
Columbus, MS 39701
- Official Test Scores should be sent directly from the testing service to Mississippi University for Women Graduate Studies. Test scores may not be more than five years old at the time of application.
- Business Administration: Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Education: Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Praxis Core
- Health Education: Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- MFA Creative Writing or Physical Theatre: No test required
- Nursing: Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Post-Masters Nursing: No test requirment
- Speech-Language Pathology: Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Women's Leadership: No test requirement
- International Students: TOEFL or proof of graduation from English-language institution
- Letters of Professional Recommendation.
The letters should state the applicant’s qualifications for graduate work from persons (excluding graduate faculty) who have personal knowledge of the applicant’s academic or work performance.
- Two letters of professional recommendation for the graduate program in Physical Theatre
- Three letters of professional recommendation (using the appropriate form) for all other programs.
- An immunization form showing proof of two doses of measles vaccines and one of rubella. See the catalog for more details. This is not required for students in all-online programs.
- A $25 application fee, payable to through the graduate application at time of submission. The MFA in Physical Theatre program requires a $100 application fee, payable to Accademia dell’Arte.