COLUMBUS, Miss. – The departments of business and legal studies recognized students at its recent annual awards day celebration held on campus.
All students who hold a 3.5 institutional and a 3.5 cumulative GPA were honored as class scholars. There were 69 scholars recognized from the business and legal studies department, as well as officers from the Bench and Gavel Club, TVA Investment Challenge Club and Phi Beta Lambda.
Eight students were inducted into Delta Mu Delta Honors Society, a business honor society that recognizes and encourages academic excellence of students at qualifying colleges and universities to create a DMD community that fosters the well-being of its individual members and the business community through life-time membership.
During the program, it was also announced that The W has been selected as host site for the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Phi Beta Lambda State Conference.
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) student business organization with nearly a quarter million members and advisers in 6,000 chartered high school and college chapters worldwide. Its mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs. The association is headquartered in Reston, Va., outside Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.fbla-pbl.org.
Outstanding Student Awards were presented to:
- Paul Neyman, T.E. Lott Outstanding Student in Accounting
- Chris Broussard, T.E. Lott Outstanding Student in Entrepreneurship
- Lizette Ochoa, 4-County Electric Power Association Outstanding Student in General Business
- Jennifer Huddle, Golden Triangle Human Resource Association Outstanding Student in Management
- Sheena Boyd, 4-County Electric Power Association Outstanding Student in Management Information Systems
- Miki McBrayer, Golden Triangle Human Resource Association Outstanding Student in Marketing
- Terence Nicholson, Wal-Mart College of Business and Professional Studies W-Spirit Nominee
- Merry Johnson, Golden Triangle Legal Community Overall Outstanding Student in Legal Studies
- Shristina Shrestha, 4-County Electric Power Association Overall Outstanding Student in Business